Univ.-Prof. Dr. Daniel Wiesen
|since 2015||Associate Professor of Behavioral Management Science, Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, University of Cologne|
|Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Boston University|
|2014-2018||Visiting Associate Professor (20%), Department of Health Management and Health Economics, Institute of Health and Society, University Oslo|
|2011||Ph.D., Department of Economics, University of Bonn |
(Advisors: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Reinhard Selten, Prof. Dr. Armin Falk)
|2010||Visiting Ph.D. Student, LSE Health, London School of Economics and Political Science|
|2006||Diploma (M.Sc. equiv.) in Economics, University of Bonn|
|2003||Visiting Master Student, National University of Singapore|
- "The effects of audits and fines on upcoding in neonatology". Health Economics; 2021,30,1978-1986 (with Mona Groß, Hendrik Jürgens). https://doi.org/10.1002/hec.4272
- "An experiment on referrals in health care", European Economic Review, 2021, 131 (with Christian Waibel). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euroecorev.2020.103612.
- "The Effect of Expert Feedback on Antibiotic Prescribing in Pediatrics: Experimental Evidence", Medical Decision Making, 2019, 39, 781-795 (with Kerstin Eilermann, Katrin Halstenberg, Ludwig Kuntz, Kyriakos Martakis, Bernhard Roth), https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X19866699,
- "Dishonesty in health care practice: A behavioral experiment on upcoding in neonatology", Health Economics, 2018, 1-20 (with H. Hennig-Schmidt and H. Jürges)
- "Behavioral experiments in health: An introduction", Health Economics, 2017, 26, 3-5 (with M. Galizzi)
- "The Effects of Introducing Mixed Payment Systems for Physicians: Experimental Evidence", Health Economics, 2017, 26, 243–262 (with Jeannette Brosig-Koch, Heike Hennig-Schmidt, and Nadja Kairies-Schwarz)
- "Other-regarding Behavior and Motivation in Health Care Provision: An Experiment with Medical and Non-medical Students," Social Science & Medicine, 2014, 108, 156–165 (with Heike Hennig-Schmidt).
- "Profit or Patients’ Health Benefit? Exploring the Heterogeneity in Physician Altruism," Journal of Health Economics, 2013, 32, 1105–1116 (with Geir Godager).
- "Testing for Prudence and Skewness Seeking," Management Science, 2011, 57, 1334–1349 (with Sebastian Ebert).
- "How Payment Systems Affect Physicians' Provision Behavior: An Experimental Investigation," Journal of Health Economics, 2011, 30, 637–646 (with Heike Hennig-Schmidt and Reinhard Selten).